Re: [oletrucks] Anybody Got Their Calculating Hat On?

To: Hudson29@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net, trks@javanet.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Anybody Got Their Calculating Hat On?
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 16:13:06 EST
In a message dated 3/3/99 9:26:03 AM Pacific Standard Time, Hudson29@aol.com
writes:

<<      Grant Galbraith worked out:

        "I also have a T-5 5 speed. 5th gear is .72 to 1 which with a 3.90 rear
 gives an effective final ratio of 2.808."

        Those are great gears Grant! Late last night my buddy and I worked out
what
 the gearing would wind up being starting with the stock 4.57 ratio of the 3/4
 ton models. I think we figured the final ratio at 3.69. Can anyone confirm
 this? What sort of cruising speed would this work out to assuming standard
15"
 truck tires?
        What would the  T-5 do for the final drive ratio (5.16?) of the 1 ton
models?
 Those of you that have T-5s up and running, how do you like them?

 Paul O'Neil, >>

  I think you miscalculated.  .72 x 4.57 = 3.29.  There's several RPM
calculators, none of which I have handy right now, but easily found on the
web, just search for "RPM Calculator", a whole bunch of good stuff will come
up.

  Mike