Re: [oletrucks] 1957 Chevrolet Panel Side Windows

To: "Jeremy Eastman" <jeastman@appliedtheory.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 1957 Chevrolet Panel Side Windows
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 12:57:49 -0800
It seems very odd to me that all of these trucks are showing up at these
kinds of prices.  Not that I plan on selling mine, but the prices are
ridiculous.  Most of these trucks aren't even original,  most of them have
been customs (I'm not trying to offend you custom guys, just a statement of
fact).  I could maybe see the price if it was a #1+ concours restoration.
Maybe I should buy the two burbs down here and run them to One-Day paint
and body.  I could have $50K in a matter of months if they can actually
sell at this price. That could be a nice starter home.  Oh well.  If the
prices keep going up maybe I will have to start playing with Ferrari's
instead (Hemming's had a 78 308GTB for $17K last month) to stay ahead of
the inflation 8^).

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC