[oletrucks] 261 Mystery

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 261 Mystery
From: Advdesign1@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 07:17:19 EST
<<
 My brother's 55 Chevy 1/2-ton had a 261ci in it. >>

According to 1955 Engineering Features, the Jobmaster 261 engine was
originally offered as an RPO in series 6000 trucks only.  I have heard that it
was fairly easy to get special options that were not in the book, so I
wouldn't insist that this could not be possible.  I wouldn't want to put my
foot in my mouth.
Bob ADler