[oletrucks] VIN number decode

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] VIN number decode
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 19:38:18 -0800
Ok, I talked to my brother tonight and we were talking about his 55 Chevy.
He is in the process of putting disk brakes on it (four corners).  He got
tired of it diving for the far ditch every time he tried to stop.  It
sounds like the conversion is going well.  He had to fix the brakes before
he moves to Altus, OK (the Air Force has seen fit to make him an
instructor).

We also talked about his 261ci engine.  He was wondering if anybody could
tell him what his truck was originally equipped with (the 261ci is
currently out of the truck and may be for sale in the near future), the VIN
number is: (H255J019529).  Can somebody decode this?  Thanks in advance.

Kevin Lake 56 napco/burb GMC