Re: [oletrucks] '53 GMC Torque tube

To: "Bob Day" <sub53@nantucket.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] '53 GMC Torque tube
From: "jack halton" <safesix@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:32:39 -0500
Bob,

    I did one of these years ago ( they are called "Okie Bushings" and
recall having to rent some kind of puller to get the old bushing out. The
same vendor who sold me the replacement bushing rented the tool. It was a
wierd "inside puller" especially for this bushing. But I think that was
because somebody had already installed a repair bushing (which wore out too,
either due to a shoddy job or leaking seal). If I remember right,
the first time, you just hammer the old one into the tube. And it takes a
BIG hammer. Make sure the truck doesn't fall off the jackstands.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong here.

Jack / Winter Park FL