Re: [oletrucks] Restorods

To: Hudson29@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Restorods
From: TOM WARNER <twwood@mail.mia.bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 1999 21:51:33 -0500
I built hotrods back in the 50's&60's. and I usually kept a stock body. Now, I
have an
almost stock bodied 58 pickup. I really like the way it looks, but I also like
the way it
handles and runs. basically, it's a hotrod, but that's what I've been doing for
the last
43
years.I have never been satisfied with the way a stock piece of machinery ran,
therefore
I always modified it to suit my desires. this has included cars,
trucks,boats,computers,woodworking machinery,metal working
machinery,airplanes,anything
else that needed modifying.(didn't seem to work with females)
I respect the people that wish to restore their trucks to absolute stock. and
KNOW
how much time and devotion is involved.(I've also done some of that)
But believe me I really like (get a kick out of)  the ride of a HOT  rod that
LOOKS old.
Tom Warner
58 short fleetside