[oletrucks] 57 Flatbed question

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, varanus@mail.phoenix.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 57 Flatbed question
From: FRVT83E@prodigy.com ( MIKE BOTELER)
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 22:02:52, -0500
>>Also, does anyone know where I can get the vacuum controlled 2
speed
rear end unit rebuilt - just the diaphragm assembly?

And does anyone know a source for oversized kingpins to rebuild the
front end with?  My local suppliers don't know the old trucks.
Eric Pesci<<

Eric, the vacuum diaphragm is still available new from your local GM
BIG truck parts house.  Try GM #3847058, I got one about a year ago
for my '56 8400 wrecker.  They should be able to h*lp with the
kingpins.

Most Big trucks were sold as a bare Cab and Chassis.  Either the
dealer or original owner fitted them with a "custom" body ie: box,
dump, flat, cement mixer or wrecker body etc., so there really isn't
any right or wrong, as long as it fits correctly!

Good Luck!

Mike B. '56 8400 Wrecker  :)