[oletrucks] Stabilizer bars for 56 GMC?

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Stabilizer bars for 56 GMC?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 08:00:16 -0800
Ok guys,
I know that I am not totally crazy, but does anybody know where I can find
a set of the "Kudu Stabilizers" that GMC put on nearly all of their 56
trucks?  I have a couple of advertisements that show these bars, but I have
never seen them installed on a truck.  They were supposedly "standard
equipment" on all 1/2-ton through 1-1/2-ton trucks.  They ran from the top
of the cowl (directly under the hood) down to the frame.  They were
supposed to help "stabilize" the cab on the frame.  I guess that they
worked, but most people pulled them out because they made it virtually
impossible to get to the engine.  Do any of you have these on your trucks?
Has anybody else seen these?  Thanks.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco