Re: [oletrucks] Headlights Brighter With Revs

To: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headlights Brighter With Revs
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Mar 1999 11:25:57 -0800
Ouch!  That had to hurt, not to mention being exciting.  I always wondered
why they ran under-drive pulleys.  I always thought it was so the
alternator didn't pull as many horse power, but to keep an alternator from
coming apart is a good reason too.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco
----------
> From: Bob bdfentr <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net; Hudson29@aol.com
> Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Headlights Brighter With Revs
> Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 10:55 AM

<snip>

 This i!
> s coming from someone who has slung three alternator shafts apart when
the 283 ci bored to a 301 ci exceeded 9,000 rmp. The motor was built by
Mickey Thompson to survive around 9,500 burst while purducing in excess of
500 shaft horse power. We failed to take into account when putting on the
alternator pulley. Bob