Re: [oletrucks] 366 V-8

To: longgw@nni.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] 366 V-8
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 01:55:07 EST
In a message dated 3/13/99 5:09:56 PM Pacific Standard Time, longgw@nni.com
writes:

<< Does anyone have information on a 366 cubic inch chevy V-8.
 I know little of this engine was wondering are they diesel or gas,
 are the a big block, small block or what and where can parts be
 bought.  TIA

 Nate Long
 54 3600 >>

  The 366 is a Big Block, but of a different breed.  It has a taller deck
height tha n the standar family, something in the area of .6 inches or so, to
accomadate a 4th ring and taller piston.  There was also a 427 "truck" block.
It really has no advantages to any other street motor, but is sought after
block for the serious racer whos limited in cu.in class.  The 427 truck block
is now a hot item too.

  I've heard that GM is making the same type blocks in larger cubes now, also.

  Mike