Re: [oletrucks] Questions on jacks / spare tire carrier / rear axle

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, amigos@esn.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Questions on jacks / spare tire carrier / rear axle
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@mail.symet.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 19:53:58 CST
Carlos, the best jack I have found was at an Army Surplus store. It was an
Olive Drab Green Heavy Duty Screw Jack made for a one ton truck. The full down
measurement is 3.5 inches and the extended measurement is 14.0 inches. The jack
itself weighs in at around 15 lbs and comes with a folding handle. There is no
writing on the jack or handle for identification. Try searching the web for
someone who makes a heavy duty screw jack. They go down almost flat and you can
use the handle to slide them under an axle or rear end with ease. As far as the
side mount tire goes, I can send you measurements of the one on my 3/4 ton '54
Chevy if you wish. They really are very solid units when bolted on correctly.
 Best of luck..Bob Fentress