[oletrucks] GMC Paint Codes?

To: "Ole' Trucks List" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] GMC Paint Codes?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 22:47:21 -0800
Where might I find the tab/tag that would tell me what color my truck was
originally painted?  I know that Chevy had a paint code tab, but did GMC?
If so, where would it be located?  My factory data plate (the one on the
door frame) tells me nothing about the paint color.  I think that the truck
has been painted at least once.  It is currently a very dark forest green.
The color that shows under hood and some other places is the light GMC
green.  My wife wants me to paint it purple, but I was thinking more like
Omaha Orange, and cream, or Guards blue and white.  Thanks in advance for
the help.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco