RE: [oletrucks] HELP, I'M IN A HURRY!!!!

To: "'oletrucks@autox.team.net'" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] HELP, I'M IN A HURRY!!!!
From: sheldon <sheldon@ssmachine.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 17:03:18 -0800
  Most speedo cables that attach with a threaded nut are 7/8 - 18. To check
if yours is, see if the threaded diameter is approx 7/8 inch ( use a tape
measure, or even a 7/8 endwrench to guage the threads) the 18 is 18 threads
per inch, if you have about 1/2 inch (length) of threads, there souuld be
about 9 threads in that 1/2 inch......also be sure to check what type of
drive key, some are square and others are not, drive adapters are
available!

  Sheldon Schmidt '56 4x4
  sheldon@ssmachine.com

Hey Everyone,
I need to know the size of the screw on part of the transmission, ie. the
part
where the speedo cable screws in.  I have found a good deal in a VDO set of
guages and I need to know if the speedo sender (electronic) will screw to
the
original trannie in my '47-2 with the shifter on the column?  The sender
that
comes with the kit says its an 16 pulse 7/8-18 thread? (what ever that
means.)
Does anyone have VDO guages hooked to an original truck? any help would be
helpfull.
Thanks ever so much!!!!!
I know that you guys will not let me down...
Casey.
-In a hury and would like to have a working speedo....