[oletrucks] Anybody Have a GMC 270 book?

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Anybody Have a GMC 270 book?
From: Gene Davis <genedavis@tritel.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 15:00:40 +0000
I recently broke a rod bolt on #1 piston rod.  I took everything apart,
and rounded up all the parts I need, but need to know what the proper
torque is for, 1.) the piston rod bolts and, 2.) the head bolts.

I also need to know the proper clearance for the piston rod bearing.  I
could take one of the other rods loose and check, but am not sure how
long this engine has been running.  It looks to be recently rebuilt and
with the exception of the broken rod bolt is in very good shape.

If anyone has a GMC 270 book they could look this up in and reply back,
it would be greatly appriecated.

TIA
Gene Davis
'58 GMC 1/2T