RE: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....

To: "Oletrucks-email list" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....
From: "Andrew Thor" <AndrewThor@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 08:34:10 -0600
I agree Mark, my Corvair can get a pretty bad exhaust smell as well as the
normal raw gas smell that goes along with that car.
However my question to the group is, it okay to have downspouts on your
mufflers of your pickup as long as the exhaust extends past the cab?  For
years I have seen many farmers in the area eliminate the tailpipes when the
original exhaust rusted out.  I managed a Chevrolet dealership for 10 years
before coming over to Honda and we used to do that all the time and had no
problems.  I stress that we extended the remaining exhaust past the cab and
added a short downspout to direct the exhaust away from the bed of the
truck.
Any opinions?

Andy 56 3200,
66 Corvair Monza 2dr.