Re: [oletrucks] Spring is here!

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Spring is here!
From: Alan Gingles <agingles@nucleus.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 18:14:58 -0800
Andrew Thor wrote:

> It has been a long time since the 3rd week of November when I put my truck
> away for the winter.  Winter can be long here in Wisconsin but this year as
> it approaches 58 degrees today it seems to be over (at least for today, as
> in Wisconsin tomorrow it could be snowing again). Thanks to St. Patrick and
> my technical skill (pat on the back) my Dark Green 56 3200 started right up
> this morning.
>  For the first time since last year I was able to feel that stiff suspension
> bouncing me around in the cab and non-responsive no power steering.  A real
> "Man's truck".  To here the roar of that small block and dual exhaust purr
> as I hit the throttle was music to my ears.  Not to mention the fun it is
> relearning the stopping distance of the standard no power drum brakes.
> Now I feel more like an active member of this list again, instead of just
> reading about old trucks I can live it again.  I love this Game!!!
>
> Andy, 56-3200 see it and other list members trucks by clicking 56 in the
> Chevy Showcase box at  http://www.chevytrucks.org/wayne

I guess I shouldn't rub it in that we haven't had much snow this year.
So much for being the "Great White North", eh? I've been driving the '48
on and off all winter, and it's been my only transportation for the past
3 weeks or so. This weekend we're expecting temps in the low 60's, with
warmer weather on its way next week. I can't wait!!

Alan Gingles
1948 Chevy "1314"
http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles