Re: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....

To: MarkNoakes@aol.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] A horrifying ol' truck story....
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 17:34:26 -0500
To all interested folks,

Camping World sells a carbon monoxide (CO) detector for motor homes that
could be used in cars and trucks also.  It is Safe-T-Alert and sells for
about $45.00.  Their toll free number is 1-800-626-5944.  I have one
installed in our motor home and it does work, it informed us of a leak in
our furnace a couple of years ago.

Jim V.

At 12:40 AM 3/17/99 Wednesday -0500, MarkNoakes@aol.com wrote:
>I've owned and driven Corvairs since the early 70's. They have air-cooled
>engines and the heat comes off of shrouds on the engine.  You can imagine what
>a leaky exhaust could do there.  I remember CO sensors that you could buy to
>put in your car.
>
>If anyone's interested, I could try to find out if the automotive version of
>those sensors are still made and get you a source.
>
>The best lesson is still to keep your engine and exhaust in good shape.  It's
>pretty easy for me to let things go for too long.  Thanks for the reminder.
>
>Mark
>
>In a message dated 3/16/99 10:06:14 PM, you wrote:
>
><<>Check your exhaust and seal up those leaks. Carbon Monoxide is a killer and
>>
>>it will sneak up on you without you even knowing!>>

Jim V. - '58 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup V8 Automatic