[oletrucks] strange noise

To: <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] strange noise
From: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 20:56:53 -0800
My recently rebuilt 235 is running great, but I have a funny high pitched
noise at 40-50 mph.  The faster I go the louder it gets, and when I let off
the gas it stops.  If I slow down to 35 or so it stops.  It' a fast,
pulsating (not constant) sound, and I don't think it's the fan belt.  Oil
pressure is high, and nothing happens with the power or anything, just this
irritating high pitched noise.  Sounds like a bunch of birds chipring.  Any
thoughts?

Thanks!

Smokey
'50 3600 5-window