Re: [oletrucks] strange noise

To: "Charles Culver" <sculver@iwl.net>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] strange noise
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Fri, 19 Mar 1999 22:36:10 -0800
Are all of your accessories bolted down tight?  You might also check the
inside of the alternator (if you are running one).  Mine had a plastic heat
shield that got bumped when I had it out of the truck (my 1988 GMC).  It
wouldn't rub at low rpm, but at high rpm the cooling fan (in the back of
the alternator) would "grow" just enough to hit it and make noise.  I got
screwdriver and moved the shield back just a little.  It was really a tough
one to find.  Good luck with it.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: Charles Culver <sculver@iwl.net>
> To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
> Subject: [oletrucks] strange noise
> Date: Friday, March 19, 1999 8:56 PM
>
> My recently rebuilt 235 is running great, but I have a funny high pitched
> noise at 40-50 mph.  The faster I go the louder it gets, and when I let
off
> the gas it stops.  If I slow down to 35 or so it stops.  It' a fast,
> pulsating (not constant) sound, and I don't think it's the fan belt.  Oil
> pressure is high, and nothing happens with the power or anything, just
this
> irritating high pitched noise.  Sounds like a bunch of birds chipring.
Any