[oletrucks] Radio Theftlock

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Radio Theftlock
From: jvanho01@tir.com
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 19:35:46 -0500
Okay guys, I know that this is not strictly germane to old trucks, but I
need help and in a way it is related.  I picked up my new '99 Chevy pickup
this week and today I decided to hook up the trailer brakes and the power
cord for the Superwench on the trailer.  I disconnected the battery to make
sure that I didn't short anything out.  Well, when I was all done, I
realized that the radio was no longer operative as it has "theftlock".  I
read in the manual how to reactivate it, but it did not work.  What I need
to know is how do you reset the radio if the code number is unknown.  The
book says to take it to the dealer, but I really don't want to wait that
long nor waste the time at the dealer.  If anyone out there knows how to do
this I would appreciate a return e-mail off list with instructions.  If no
one knows, does anyone know of another site that I might try so as to
obtain this info.  TIA

Jim V.
1958 GMC Suburban Carrier Pickup - V8 Automatic
1999 Chevy Extended Cab 1/2 ton - 4wd
jvanho01@tir.com