Re: [oletrucks] Paint/primer recommendation

To: "Kenneth Marty" <kdmarty@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Paint/primer recommendation
From: "Marlene Rzepkowski" <mrzepkow@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 01:51:19 -0500
Ken,
"Bondo" or body filler (also referred to by many as "glass") gets all the
same treatment because you are really focused more on preserving the metal.
Fiberglass was not covered where I was.  A Corvette owner or Corvette web
site might help on Fiberglass treatment.  Boats are fiberglass too but the
painting system they use is different, I think.   Everything I try to do is
metal welded in and not more than 1/4 inch of body filler.  Maybe someone
else can help out on fiberglass handling in automotive applications?   (I
know a lot of special stuff like hood scoops were fiberglass and even our
old trucks can have fiberglass after market fenders added to them.)   Please
copy me on handling fiberglass finishing as I'd like to know the answer too.
Dick