[oletrucks] Paint/primer recommendation

To: buickclub@listbot.com, skylark@listbot.com, buicks@onelist.com,
Subject: [oletrucks] Paint/primer recommendation
From: rjj0msj@ix.netcom.com (Rob, Margie, Nick & Andrea)
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 17:15:21 GMT
I am at a point where I am ready to take my paint down to metal, and I want to
give it the BEST protection possible for the new coat of paint.  What is the
best primer I can use?  I believe that there is a type of primer that has
...chromate?  Is that the best.  I want something that will NOT allow water
through, and will be sandable.  I would prefer something that is NOT a two step
process, but if that is the best, then so be it.

What then do I follow the primer with?  A sealer?  A surfacer?  Or the paint
itself?  Comments are welcomed!

If possible, brand names are preferred so I can go to the paint store and ask
for it by name.

TIA,

Rob