[oletrucks] Clunker laws/ political partisanship

To: trks@javanet.com, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Clunker laws/ political partisanship
From: Jeff_Wilson@unctv.org (Jeff Wilson)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 15:22:43 -0500
Re political partisanship: lets face it folks there's stupidity aplenty
no "both sides of the aisle"....  What we really need to do is make
sure that our message comes through loud and clear at ALL
lawmakers, on the national, state and local level....
Here in NC recently, farmers protested against the (mis)handling
of money from the big "tobacco settlement" by holding a
"tractorcade"- hundreds of tractors on the streets of downtown
Raleigh. They trailered them into town, unloaded them, and circled
the state legislature building (at tractor speeds) for a few hours.
Needless to say this attracted a LOT of attention.
Perhaps in a state on the verge of passing any ridiculous "clunker
laws" that would impact the old-car/ truck hobby, local clubs could
put on a "classic-cade"- hundreds of restored/ modified classic cars
circling the state/ county capitol buildings....  I'd certainly be gald
come out for one!  Let's also not forget that SOME politicians are
"real people" too- probably some of them OWN classic cars/ trucks
themselves.  It would be helpful to tyr to get these people "on our
side" and fighting against this kind of nonsense "from the inside"....

CJ Wilson