[oletrucks] rear end options

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] rear end options
From: MPHUDAK@aol.com
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 18:28:30 EST
I'm in a bit of a pinch and was wondering what my best options are.  I have a
79-81 firebird rear end, 10-bolt posi w/disc brakes.  The problem I have is
that I need to replace the calipers on both sides do to the pistons being
seized in place.  First of all I was wondering if anyone had any calipers out
there, in good shape, that they are willing to part with for this rear. Or
option two, is it possible to convert this rear to a drum style brake system?
Last question, I am going to keep the front drum brakes until I replace the
chassis, what unforeseen problems am I going to run into using drum front and
disc rear?

TIA,
Hudak
2-54 3100