Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR
From: SALAGUI@webtv.net (SALVADOR AGUILERA)
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 17:24:24 -0800 (PST)
--WebTV-Mail-1405530879-79

From: SALAGUI@webtv.net (SALVADOR AGUILERA)
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 07:01:31 -0800 (PST)
To: miq@teleport.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] new possible clunker law in OR

--WebTV-Mail-991252436-92

They can take my ole Chevy when they take my cold dead foot off the
accelerator! Why does this sound so familiar??  Count me in..

--WebTV-Mail-991252436-92

From: miq@teleport.com
To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 1999 14:02:55 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-oletrucks@autox.team.net

MarkNoakes@aol.com says:

> This is definitely a serious change in the approach to "clunker" laws and
> definitely something we can't ignore--either from the legal side or from the
> technical "how much emissions our trucks put out" side.  Notice that this is
> much more insidious than the TX law that someone else put on the list
> recently.  Even though this new approach is starting in Oregon, expect it to
> spread to other states.

I've been giving this some thought, and came up with an idea.  Please allow
me some indulgence here.  While I gladly administer the list and keep it
running for purely selfless reasons, I'd like to think that having a part
in organized 540 members world wide interested in these oletrucks entitles
me to a perk from time to time.  This is one of those times.

I'd like to put up a draft letter to the list--others input is welcome, and
then submit it to the legislation involved with this signed by all the
members of the list (well their email addresses anyway).  What I would do
is send the list the letter to be sent with a disclaimer on it reading:

        "Your silent acceptance of this letter forwards the list
        administrator the right to add your email to the signers as a class
        agreement.  If you do not wish to be a party to this stance, send
        a message to (miq@teleport.com) and I will remove your address from
        the list of signers when the letter is sent to the legislature."

Obviously, the letter drafted and the list of signers would be available
for other states fight in this issue.

So I'd like to hear opinions on this.  Am I stepping over the line here?

--
__
Miq Millman   miq@teleport.com

--WebTV-Mail-991252436-92--