[oletrucks] Flaring tools & stainless

To: "oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net" <oletrucks-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Flaring tools & stainless
From: Heather & Joe Way <sierrasa@psln.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Mar 1999 21:09:44 -0800

and Grant Galbraith wrote:

>...I'm in the process of double flaring stainless lines with an >in-expensive
>flare tool. They look to be OK to me...
----
I'm surprised and pleased to learn that stainless tube can be
double-flared with the standard tools. It must be a different grade of
stainless than the ones I'm used to working with, which work-harden so
quickly and easily that double-flaring would be very difficult.

Thanks for staightening me out, and sorry for the misinfo.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way
Sierra Specialty Automotive