Re: [oletrucks] Brake Parts

To: Bill Green <wgreen@bright.net>, oletruck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Brake Parts
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 10:47:46 -0600

I have two front drums from a '53 if you can't turn yours and still be
safe. I replaced my front brakes with Camaro disks.

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

Bill Green <wgreen@bright.net> on 03/29/99 07:31:36 AM

Please respond to Bill Green <wgreen@bright.net>

To:   oletruck list <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
cc:    (bcc: Jon Elerath/San Jose/IBM)
Subject:  [oletrucks] Brake Parts

It is looking like spring-time and I would like to get my '52 into
good driving condition.  She is still running okay after I finally got
her started last fall but the first thing on the list is brakes.
   I took her to the local Tuffy shop, just to get her on the lift and
have someone open up all the drums for a good look-see and estimate.
I have got one drum that measured at 11.100", that's the biggest
diameter and probably too close to spec to turn again.  Does anyone know
the the max diameter for the 11" drums??
   I also got a shopping list for all the brake parts needed right now
and for the forseeable future.  I've priced them out of the Chevy Duty
catalog and wanted to compare prices.  Does anyone have NAPA numbers for
spring sets, wheel cylinders, brake shoes, etc. ?

Thanks...........
--
Bill Green     =-=-=-=-=    Grandpa's '52 3100  "Nona"
Canton, OH   =-=-=-=-=  (lovingly named after Grandma)