[oletrucks] inner fender

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] inner fender
From: SHAWN & JO <YOOPERWANNABE@PRODIGY.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 1999 17:04:04 -0500
Anybody got a source for an inner front fender for a 51' 1 ton panel?
Most of the vendors that I have catologs from don't have the inners,
just the outers. Also, does anyone know if they are the same as the 1/2
and 3/4 models. I am guessing yes to that question but I would rather
ask and see if someone knows for sure, we all know what happens when we
assume anything.... I know the rear fenders on the 1 tons ar different
from the 1/2's but ? on the front's.
        I am also going to install an Industrial Chassis firewall power brake
kit for the one ton. I was concerned about the F**D RAN*ER master
cylinder be able to perform up to par for my 1 ton panel but wass
assured by one of the technicians that it was more than adequate for the
job. Any thoughts on that? I will sometimes be pulling a heavy load and
would hate to come up short.
        And last but not least, anyone have any reccomendations for a power
steering swap? I am going to a more modern 4x4 front end out of an 80
chevy 3/4 ton, a 12 bolt front. I am currently keeping the 235 but will
upgrade later. I'm looking for suggestions on a steering box that will
mate with the original steering wheel, or will it be easier to just swap
in the box and tilt steering wheel from the same donor vehicle? I will
be mounting the box outside the frame rails for clearencing the later
small/big block I intend to install. Can I get a complete set up from a
donor car/truck that will re-align in the same position as my original
or will I need to get something from borgeson or the like to correct the
geometry of the system?
        TIA for all the help I'm sure to get from the List, It is truly amazing
the amount of vast knowledge that is available on the ole trucks list. I
am glad I found it and the helpful people that are on it and thanks to
those who created it and manage it.
shawn
51 chevy 1ton panel