[oletrucks] (no subject)

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] (no subject)
From: VIKINGHILL@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 1999 11:12:45 EST
Smokey,and all.

I to have a burning desire to know how much gas I have at any given time...
VDO is a guage manufactuer, I was turned to them by ?United Speedometer
Industries?, I don't have the info infront of me, I got their # from the last
issue of Custom Classic Trucks.  The ad show a set of AD (an AD ad? :^) guages
that had been reworked, but the $ were outrageous!!! (BIG Bucks), but the
restorer told me that they had been stuck with around 400 VDO "600-922" kits
and that they normally sold for $495, but theyy were selling them for what
they had in them, $195- Yes that is a VERY good deal.  The kit comes with all
the sending units for the guages.  It comes with a 3 3/8" Speedo (125 mph. and
all electric) with a pulse sending unit that just happens to screw right down
to my original trannie.  The kit also comes with 4 other  2 1/8 Guages (all
electrical)  with the appropriate sending units.  The guages are: Gas (with an
adjustable sending unit), volt meter, oil press. (with an electrical sender),
H2O temp (with sender also).  Every thing appears to be a sraight bolt-on
operation.  The faces of the guages are white and it lights up with a green
tent, great for my DARK green cab.

I plan on removing my '53 guages (not original to the '47-2, 90 mph speedo, 60
lbs oil, ect.) and use the bezels to mount my new guages, and if any one wants
a functional innards of a speedo and odometer (they both work, but the speedo
shakes over 40 mph) as well as the other guages, I would be willing to trade
them for a GOOD Rochester Carb for my ?55? 235 ci.

I will try to get the # of the place in California that got me my kit a few
weeks ago.

TIA

Casey
'47-2 Thriftmaster