Re: [oletrucks] My Not-So-Excellent Adventure

To: Old Trucks List <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] My Not-So-Excellent Adventure
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 1999 20:55:07 -0500

> Great adventure. You can't have that much fun with a new truck. Just
> wanted
> to let you know that your 4 speed will not give you taller gears than
> the 3
> speed. They are both 1to1 in high gear. Also if you didn't get the
> universal
> with it to connect to half ton torque tube they can be expensive new
> and
> hard to find used. I'm in the next state, Storrs, Conn. if I can be of
> any
> help with parts.

Yes thanks Grant.  I guess I was assuming that the 4 speed was an
overdrive or the 3 speed was not 1 to 1, but obviously it will just give
me another stump pulling low gear.  I did not look into that situation
with the torque tube, but perhaps I just may end up selling the 4 speed
if it will not be of any use to me.  I can see already that I have a lot
to learn;  dropping down a few years from rebuilding 70's small blocks
and restoring a Chevelle is a bit more challenging when you're not
familiar with some of the different parts.  It WILL be a learning
process for me!!  Thanks for the offer on the help as well.

Wally
53 3100
Templeton, MA