Re: Re: [oletrucks] My Not-So-Excellent Adventure

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: [oletrucks] My Not-So-Excellent Adventure
From: MarkNoakes@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 14:51:11 EDT
I used AAA when my Suburban's 283 finally went a couple of years ago. . .at
2AM on the way home from working late.  Fortunately I had a cell phone with
me since I was on a divided four lane and not near a gas station or
convenience store.

Make sure you emphasize that the vehicle that they should look for is an old
truck;  they went round and round looking apparently for a NEW Suburban
before finally stopping to check my "old" truck. . .even though I had
mentioned the year in the description on the phone-in.

Mark Noakes
58/56 Suburban
Knoxville,  TN

<<I got AAA plus coverage for this very reason.  You get 100 miles of FREE
towing.  I've used it twice (both 70+ mile tows) and it has paid for itself
in peace of mind and towing bills.

Skip Boylan
'55-2 big Window Shorty>>