[oletrucks] 1/2 ton spindles

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] 1/2 ton spindles
From: DWShort@webtv.net (Donald Short)
Date: Sun, 4 Apr 1999 10:53:11 -0700 (PDT)
HI All

FYI
When I bought my 51 Chevy 3100 the first thing I had to do is have the
kingpins and bushing replaced. The first set I ordered turned out to be
a rebuild kit which was for worn out axles. This set used 3/4 ton
kingpins for which the axle had to be reamed out to accept. So when
ordering the new kingpins be sure to know the correct diameter of your
original pins. Both this kit and the kit with the original diameter pins
are listed as 1/2 ton rebuild kits.

Don Short
51 3100 under construction