[oletrucks] engine and tranny

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] engine and tranny
From: hqtrosea@wir.net (andy rose)
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 20:55:37 -0600
I have a 1948 Chevy Thriftmaster, 1/2 ton pu (like the 3100 series).. Am
looking for an engine, tranny, driveline and rear axle to install.  Have
found a straight six cylinder engine and xmission out of a 1962 chevy
pickup.  I think it may be a 235 ci engine(?)  Anyway, does anyone know if
this is something that will adapt fairly easily to the chassis? What type of
rearend will have good gearing for highway cruising?  Also, I just started
this project and am looking for any good reference books about the
restoration, installing a12 volt system, interior, etc.  Any recommendations?

Andy