Re: [oletrucks] Where's an oletrucker to live?

To: <BMORRI1@aol.com>, <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Where's an oletrucker to live?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 17:27:53 -0700
I lived in Las Vegas (Nellis AFB) from 1988 to 1991, and Tucson from 1993
to 1996.  I can't say how the smog laws are now, but we got a 1968 Nova
with a 454ci and automatic that was capable of a 12.98 sec. ET/ 1/4 mile
(on street legal tires) to pass three years running in Las Vegas (I miss
that car, looked very bad, but went very, very good 8^) ).  Tucson was a
little bit picky at times, but if you lived out of the city limits you
didn't used to have to smog test it (may have changed in the last few
years).  There is a lot of everything action in Las Vegas, cars, bikes,
trucks, etc.  They used to have several car/truck shows a year.  Tucson has
a large ole' truck population, but I had a very hard time finding anything
that was "organized" (never did).  There are a lot of very nice, rust free
trucks in both of those states, you just need to know where to look.  Good
luck with the move (I liked Tucson better than Las Vegas, just from a
living area standpoint).

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco