Re: [oletrucks] alternate location for master cylinder

To: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] alternate location for master cylinder
From: jelerath@us.ibm.com
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 18:50:05 -0600

I have a '53 with a 327 and an HEI ignition.  It sits in fine without
firewall bashing.  However, with the original steering box I have to use
RAMS horn manifolds with extensions welded straight down.  The RAMS horn
exhaust arcs up, over the steering box with a good 1/4" clearance.  On the
other side, my stock mechanical fuel pump has a good 1/4" clearance between
it and the frame.  When replacing it recently, I found I had to bend the
output line on the fuel pump itself to get the necessary clearance.  I have
a stock radiator and the engine mounting looks like it was done with a kit
from HURST.  (The engine and transmission mounts do not look home made and
the y have HURST stamped into the metal....good clue, eh?)

Jon Elerath
jelerath@us.ibm.com

WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com> on 04/16/99 04:50:44 PM

Please respond to WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>