Re: [oletrucks] NOS parts

To: bmdumkee@auroranet.nt.ca
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] NOS parts
From: zorro@pop3.kih.net
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 09:25:38 +0000
> NOS '58 V-8 truck hood emblem (some shelf wear), nice, $250. NOS '55-'57
> truck V-8 fan shroud, very rare, $275.
>

> Found them on the following page
>
> http://classicchevy.com/used-parts.html

        This is a good price on this item? Maybe yes, because to find
        emblems (fender and hood) on the less popular models of the old
        trucks is difficult. And to find (new old stock) is even harder.

        But most people I have talked with are on a limited budget (such as
        myself) and would have a hard thought to justify $250 for an emblem.
        I have even found used ones for the 58 and 59 models that run well
        over $150 each, and these are described as having "some pits" or
        "as is". I guess it's a matter of supply and demand.

        I haven't looked into getting mine re-chromed yet, but in listening
        to some of my fellow car club friends, and the prices they have paid
        for getting small items re-chromed, I can picture myself cleaning up
        the emblems and handles I have the best I can, and picking the best
        ones out to use ---  even with a few pits. .  :-)    Then I'll sell
        or trade the spares to help support the million other items I need
        on my project. Hopefully I'll even get to attend some swap meets
        this year.

        One good thing I have found..  The handles on my truck seem to be
        universal, and so I plan to re-assemble them on the opposite door
        than from where they came off.  The few small pits on the top of
        the handles will then be on the bottom where they will be less
        visible.  I assume this is caused by rain sitting on the top of
        them.

        Bert <58 Apache>
http://members.tripod.com/~Chevy_Apache_1958