[oletrucks] A/C

To: "Truck List (E-mail)" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] A/C
From: Terry Stellman <stellman@noex.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 07:08:45 -0500
Truckers,

Recently there were some questions about aftermarket A/C systems on this list
and I just wanted to pass along what I have learned.  I visited the Vintage Air
shop in San Antonio last week and found out after talking to their people that
their system is NOT temperature adjustable, it is an on/off only system.  I
talked to them specifically about 47-53 Chevy truck systems so I can't say if
this information relates to anything else but I did not like the idea of paying
all that money for something that I could only control by turning on or off.  I
called and talked to the people at Old Air Products in Ft. Worth and they told
me that their system was able to blend temperature.  This system is also the
one they showed how to install in the April issue of Custom Classic Trucks.

Terry Stellman
1949 3600
Missouri City, Texas