[oletrucks] Front bumper

To: Ole Trucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Front bumper
From: WR Teto <monadnoc@wgserv.crystal-mtn.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 10:25:57 -0400
Can someone verify that I have a "factory" front bumper?  I have not
seen another truck with this type.  The lower part of the bumper is the
standard piece seen on all models.  Then I have 3 vertical over-riders
and finally another narrower horizontal bumper about 6" above the lower
one.  This upper rail has 2 supports angling back to the bumper frame
attachment points.  The chrome on all the parts was probably in sad
shape, as everything has been painted over by the previous owner (along
with the front grill).  Was this "double rail" bumper a factory option,
or was this whole thing added?  It's on a 1953 3100.

Curiosity has not killed the cat here yet, but it's creepin' a mite
close!

Wally / Templeton, MA