Re: [oletrucks] Update on 16" 8-hole wheels

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Update on 16" 8-hole wheels
From: Thomas Allen <thomasa@halcyon.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 10:17:58 -0700
After much searching around, I discovered that 255/85x16 tires have the
same OD as a 7.50x17 and will fit under the fenders without rubbing the
bed. This is provided that you used Ford wheels with no more than 4 1/8"
backspacing. The original was 3 3/4". These wheels will also clear the
tie-rod ends when mounted on the front. Got my tires from Les Schwab in
Seattle. No doubt other Mfg. make such a tire but Firestone isn't one of them.

Tom Allen
51 3800
Tom Allen
Seattle, WA