[oletrucks] Engine Recommendations

To: Oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Engine Recommendations
From: gaonarlt@uswest.net
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 07:35:43 -0700
My name is Robert and live in Arvada Colorado.  I own a Chevy 58 1/2 ton
with a straight 6 235 engine.  I am in the process (slowly) of restoring
my truck.  I have an opportunity to pick up a small block V-8 and
associated 4 speed transmission from a friends 56 1/2 ton Chevy pickup.
I am struggling with swapping the straight 6 for the V-8.  I am
concerned about the ease of finding parts for the 235, did Chevy come
out with a V-8 as an option for the 58, what additional frame
modifications are required to accommodate the V-8 and transmission.
Any thoughts and have any gone thought the same mental gyrations.
Thanks in advance.
Robert