[oletrucks] More Magnetic Stainless Steel

To: oletrucks <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] More Magnetic Stainless Steel
From: Grant Galbraith <trks@javanet.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 09:48:45 -0400
I just got my "stainless" headlight retainer rings from Chevy Duty and
found them to be very magnetic even though the tech person there gave me
the feeling that it was dumb of me to ask if they were stainless steel.
I try to avoid anything plated from after market vendors after watching
park light and braklight bezels rust within a year. I also noticed my
"stainless" hood  Chevrolet was very magnetic, too bad it's been in my
garage for a couple of years and I can't remember who I bought it from
or I would return it. BTW my last two orders from Chevy Duty seem to
take a week to leave the warehouse even though they tell me the stuff is
in stock, another week for shipping. Anyone know of a source of real
stainless headlight retainer rings?

Grant 50 3100