Fwd: [oletrucks] questions on interior parts

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Fwd: [oletrucks] questions on interior parts
From: PJMONES@aol.com
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 11:19:16 EDT
--part1_f5e0cd21.2455ddf4_boundary

About 5 years ago I replaced the seat on my '53 with a maroon colored kit
from Jim Carters.  The material is very good quality and stitching is nice
and strong. I did have a problem with the first kit they shipped me. One of
the covers (not sure if it was the seat or the back section) was sewed too
small and I could not stretch it over the frame/springs. They shipped me a
new one and it fit nice.  You should order new jute material to cover the
springs.  You will also need hog rings and hog ring pliers.  These you can be
purchased at a local farm supply store.  Overall this is a fairly easy job to
do with great results.

Pete
'53 - 3600, "Ole Betsy"
http://chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/peter53.jpg