[oletrucks] Stereo questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: [oletrucks] Stereo questions
From: Tim Lloyd <lloydt@Colorado.EDU>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 14:41:51 -0600 (MDT)
The random two-foot snowfalls are coming with less and less
frequency...summer must be approaching here in Colorado!  So as I'm
planning out my summer projects, I'm thinking about installing a decent
sound system in my 54 Chevy 3100.

I'm very interested in hearing from anyone on the list who has installed
any kind of a sound system in their truck, whether it's 100% authentic or
100% new-fangled.  Oh, and pictures, if you have them.

My plan, for the moment, is to install a decent (nothing too expensive,
I'm just a college student) CD player in the glove box, the dual-speaker
set that Chevy Duty carries in the in-dash speaker location, and another
set of speakers somewhere else in the cab.  I'm looking forward to hearing
from anyone who's installed stereos in their trucks so I can get some
ideas on how to do this right.

Tim Lloyd, omaha@tmbg.org
http://pagina.de/Apollo18
"When I grow up...I want to work my way up to middle management...  I
want to be underappreciated...  I want to have a brown nose...  Yes, boss,
anything for a raise, boss..." -some ad
"...failure to terraform Mars constitutes failure to live up to our human
nature and a betrayal of our responsibility as members of the community of
life itself." -Robert Zubrin