Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Stereo questions
From: Wayne Osborne <wcosborne@inetnow.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 08:26:47 -0400
In reference to the following... I have seen very few, if any amps that
are stable at a .5 ohm impedance rating. Most companies brag if
their amps are 2 ohm stable, wiring speakers in parallel makes the
amp run hotter cuz it loweres the impedance load making the amp
work way harder. You'll get more power yes, but is the amp gonna
be stable?   Most quality amps have thermal overload protection
that will not allow the amp to blow when the load gets to big for the amp.
I would be cautious about wiring 4-4ohm speakers in parallel..
Good luck alan

>Oh...the amp is rated at 125 watts total at 4 ohms...but with
>the speakers wired in parallel it will drop the ohm rating to approx.
>.5, and will produce over 500 watts total power. Great for listening to
>those big band, jazz, and blues CD's I enjoy! Stay tuned for more stereo
>updates.
>
>Alan Gingles
>1948 Chevy 1314
>http://www.nucleus.com/~agingles

---------
                 http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne
For a quick view of oletrucks mailing list members trucks go to:
         http://www.chevytrucks.org/users/wayne/member.html