[oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here
From: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 12:11:32 -0400
Hi folks

Where does one find fastener torquing specs for Task Force trucks? I wanted
to button down the U-bolts holding the springs to the axle housing on the
rear of my truck. I checked both the Assembly manual, and the Repair manual
both without success. The Assy manual says nothing and the Repair says
something like "tighten sufficiently" - I'm sure my wife and I would come
up with different torque values that would meet that requirement.

On a second note: Adjusting steering boxes. You're supposed to move the
sector gear in or out to obtain a pull at the steering wheel of two some
odd pounds. I'm assuming (oh no!) that this means with the wheels off the
ground but it didn't seem to say that. I don't think I could ever get
things that easy even with power steering, with the wheels touching terra
firma. Good assumption? Anyone?

TYIA

Paul W. Franchina
pfoxtrot@gate.net
& Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside