Re: [oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here

To: pfoxtrot@gate.net, oletrucks@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Listen! I'm torque'n here
From: Passnb4U@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 15:36:27 EDT
In a message dated 4/27/99 9:32:30 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
pfoxtrot@gate.net writes:

<< Hi folks

 Where does one find fastener torquing specs for Task Force trucks? I wanted
 to button down the U-bolts holding the springs to the axle housing on the
 rear of my truck. I checked both the Assembly manual, and the Repair manual
 both without success. The Assy manual says nothing and the Repair says
 something like "tighten sufficiently" - I'm sure my wife and I would come
 up with different torque values that would meet that requirement.

 On a second note: Adjusting steering boxes. You're supposed to move the
 sector gear in or out to obtain a pull at the steering wheel of two some
 odd pounds. I'm assuming (oh no!) that this means with the wheels off the
 ground but it didn't seem to say that. I don't think I could ever get
 things that easy even with power steering, with the wheels touching terra
 firma. Good assumption? Anyone?

 TYIA

 Paul W. Franchina
 pfoxtrot@gate.net
 & Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside >>

  Don't know if I'm right or wrong, but I've always torqed Ubolts to 75
ft/lbs on pickup and car's.

  Mike