Re: [oletrucks] Title, Inspection & Tags in Texas?

To: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>, <stellman@noex.com>,
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Title, Inspection & Tags in Texas?
From: "Kevin Lake" <lakek@oit.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 23:28:41 -0700
Ask anybody who has ever built, or tried to title a kit-car about that one.
 An acquaintance of mine built a Porsche Speedster replica on a VW chassis
about 10 years ago.  I talked to him about 3 years ago and he was still
fighting with registration/title.  Not fun.

Kevin Lake
56 GMC Suburban/napco

----------
> From: Bob bdfentr <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>

<snip>

 Also when you go to get the tags for it do not tell them that it has a
Camero front end, V8 repalced the I-6, disk brakes vs. drums, etc. They
will make you fill out a form basically stating the truck was built as a 99
model with a 50's body on it. You have in effect built a new truck and it
will be tagged as such. Then follows all the other laws governing your "new
" vehicle.

> Good luck..Bob Fentress
<snip>