Re: [oletrucks] Truck Paint

To: Ron Duncan <rondunc@webzone.net>
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Truck Paint
From: Brad Newman <bkn@cyberramp.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 11:35:56 -0500
Ron Duncan wrote:

> Does anyone have a Dupont or PPG paint number for the light blue color
> stock
> on a 51 Chevy 1/2 Ton?  Was it called Marina Blue or was there more
> than one
> color of blue?
>
> Ron Duncan

> 1959

Ron
While I can't help you with a PPG code, according to the paint sheet
that I have there were two different blues for the 51 trucks.
The first one is called "Windsor Blue" (used from 47-52), and the second
is "Mariner Blue" (used from 47-55). I don't know the difference between
the two, but I am sure that someone on the list will.
Good luck,
Brad