Re: [oletrucks] Off Subject Questions--wheels and trailer

To: oletrucks@autox.team.net, MarkNoakes@aol.com
Subject: Re: [oletrucks] Off Subject Questions--wheels and trailer
From: "Bob bdfentr" <bdfentr@zeus.symet.net>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 20:37:50 CST
Reply to original message from Mark Noakes

The best trailers I have seen for just few dollars are the boxes and frame from
a totaled out pickup. You can get an 8 foot bed or a 6 foot bed. It already
comes equiped with shocks and heavy springs. And the best part of it all is
that you do not have to stop and grease the rear axle bearings all the time.
The tail lights are already mounted and it uses the same spare as is on your
truck. I have seen them in Oklahoma for $300.00 plus tax. Another thing is that
you could paint it the same color as the tow vehicle. If you know someone who
has totaled out the front of a late model PU, and the box is ok, a welding
torch would serve the purpose to a tee. This also works good for a small
utility pickup such as a $oyot@, or Chevy S-10. Good luck...Bob Fentress