[oletrucks] Heaters

To: "oletrucks" <oletrucks@autox.team.net>
Subject: [oletrucks] Heaters
From: "Paul W. Franchina" <pfoxtrot@gate.net>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 08:23:51 -0400
I found a 58' Chevy parts truck at a local junkyard the other day. It was
picked pretty clean but had a decent heater and a electric wiper motor that
I was able to purchase at a fair price. The heater was just the body
without any ducting or controls but I believe it's the deluxe heater. The
core doesn't leak and the motor runs when connected to a battery. It's a
vertical stack with the motor above the core and the squirrel cage type
impeller is horizontal. I've seen photo's of the deluxe dash controls so if
I see one of those I'll buy it to use with this, but what should I be
looking for in the ducting department? My truck has a small box (cube)
heater with a prop-type fan and some small doors you can flip open by hand.
There are no ducts anywhere that would route air flow up to the windshield
for defrost or anywhere else.

Does this unit sound like the deluxe heater body? Does anyone have a source
for parts like defroster ducting, or is this stuff that I can get from the
likes of Chevy Duty or one of the other parts vendors?

Paul W. Franchina
pfoxtrot@gate.net
& Boris: 1958 Chevrolet Apache 3100 Stepside